The countryside is green as far as the eye can see. The fields explode with color as flowers perfume the air. In the spring, we see the outward signs of the growth that has been taking place all year. The healthier the roots, the more abundant the flowers.
In the past half year, Retorno has continued to nourish the soil, and now, with spring upon us, we are seeing the fruits of our labor:
- The adult community was authorized to expand, so we can accommodate an additional 12 clients, bringing the total to 62 at any time.
- The youth community is fully occupied with 48 teenagers in residence.
- Elah, the detox facility for young women, grew from 18 to 24 clients, and we built new dorm rooms as well as a classroom.
- The halfway house is fully occupied with 12 Retorno alumni.
- Mifgashim, the outpatient center, is treating approximately 100 families.
- Over 15,000 participants participated in prevention and empowerment programs over the past 6 months.
- Operation Protective Hug II for demobilized soldiers suffering from PTSD was launched. (One group of soldiers is nearing the completion of treatment and another group will begin shortly.)
- Retorno Academy has opened several new courses for therapeutic riding instruction and therapeutic petting zoo coordinator, with over 80 participants.
- In addition, Mifgashim is running 5 courses in 12-step methodology using the Retorno method.
As flowers bloom so does hope. – Lady Bird Johnson
The success we have enjoyed at Retorno to turn around the lives of so many continues with expanded facilities and new programs. If you or a loved one are struggling, you don’t have to do it alone.
Reach out today
Call or fill out our confidential contact form and click Send.Please share this post!